Nov(M)ember Spotlight: Megan Murphy

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! On a day where we focus on everyone and everything we are thankful for, I cant think of a better person to be the Nov(M)ember Spotlight than Megan Murphy. She is kind, caring and puts her family above all. Speaking as someone with 0 kids, i'm in awe of you and the rest of the parents in our Booth Partner community!! #GoPOLO

Meet Megan Murphy!  

Being a Booth Partner who has 3 kids is not the normal. My day-to-day looks much different than most of the other partners. My Boothie takes a full load of classes each quarter and works part-time to help us get by with all of our expenses. We're not going out to TNDC every week or enjoying happy hour most nights but this experience has been great, none the less. I have made great connections with other partners who I know I'll remain friends with even after graduation and cross-country moves for the perfect jobs!


Where did you live right before moving to Chicago?
Upstate NY

Are you currently working in Chicago? What do you do?
I stay home with my 3 young kids. Liam is 5, Norah is almost 4 and Lucas is 2.

Who is your partner and is he/she a 1st or 2nd year?
Bill Murphy, 2nd year. He is recruiting for Investment Management.

What has been your favorite event that you've attended since joining Booth Partner Club?
My favorite event was the Aire Ancient Baths. Not only was it super relaxing, but it was really nice to be able to chat with other partners while we skipped around to the different pools and sauna rooms. I also always enjoy the POLO events! My kids love seeing their Boothie friends and doing fun stuff around the city!


What do you enjoy in your free time??
I love anything artistic! I especially enjoy photography, interior design and furniture restoration!


What is 1 item you cannot live without?

My pillow. It travels with me as often as it's possible and gives me instant comfort! What's not to love about a great pillow?

What is your favorite touristy or non touristy activity in Chicago?
I love to take my kids to the beach as often as possible. It's such a luxury to live so close to the water and it's free entertainment for all of us! When my Boothie and I get a babysitter, our favorite place to eat is Bar Siena. Their bomboloni's are our favorite dessert.

What is your favorite joke or quote that you would like to share?
My favorite quote ever is from Mother Teresa, "If you want to bring happiness to the world, go home and love your family". A close second is, "In a world where you can be anything, be kind."

What genre of movie is your favorite and least favorite?
I have to admit that I am notorious for always falling asleep during movies, especially at the theater. My favorite genre is RomCom and I hate horror films

Would you rather be a tree or have to live in a tree for the rest of your life?----
I'd totally rather be a tree then have to live in a tree. Trees are such amazing plants and to have the ability to live and grow for possibly hundreds of years would be pretty neat! Not to mention their gorgeous colors this time of year.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Corn Bread Casserole






If you want to share a bit about yourself or know someone who would want to participate, please contact me! We want to hear from you.

Thanks for reading The Life of a Booth Partner

Be sure to check out our Upcoming Events

Comments

  1. Please look at the following PhD dissertation. This discovery was first made by the following author. http://www.filmifullizlehd1.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts